Dorsal splint is used in the treatment of stable and unstable fractures of the distal Radius. The cast is easy to apply and cost effective. For the dorsal splint, use a Woodcast 4in1.
- Apply first stockinette
- Apply AirPadding over the wrist
- Check the size of the padding
- Apply second stockinette
- Open the vents of a heated splint
- Apply the splint and stretch around the wrist
- Apply the reinforcement on the splint
- Cool down. Use the freeze spray to accelerate cooldown.
- Fold the stockinette over the edges
- Check length and edges of the splint
- Secure the splint by applying cohesive bandage
- Trim around the thumb.